Database Administration (CdP level 3)
610+80h of internships in a company
From 27/03/2023 to 31/10/2023
Monday to Friday from 08:00 a 14:00h
Llorens i Artigas, 12 – 08028 BCN
The Database Administration occupational course trains any technician to configure computer systems and manage a database system.
Using a database analysis and administration platform, a database is designed, created, and managed. With this tool, the integrity, availability and confidentiality of the information stored in a database is ensured.
With the elaboration of different practical cases we guarantee the learning of a database system as well as the most common techniques to be able to configure and manage information systems within a company.
Certificate of professionalism
Professional certificates are official titles throughout the Spanish State that accredit the professional skills that a worker has acquired for the development of a work activity, confirm that the person who possesses it has the necessary skills and knowledge to occupy this job, it is say: he is qualified and meets the professional profile for the fulfillment of a profession.
The Certificate of Professionalism is made up of blocks called Competence Units and these, in turn, are organized into Training Modules. Each unit of competence is associated with a training action code within the itinerary and it is facilitated for the same student to participate in all the actions of the itinerary, so that he can obtain the corresponding degree.
The certificate is validated through the Professional Qualifications with the formation of the Intermediate and/or Higher Education Cycle of the professional family to which it corresponds.
The student who does not complete all the training modules that make up the certificate of professionalism will obtain a certification of the passed modules that will have cumulative partial accreditation effects of the acquired professional skills.
Who is it intended for?
It is aimed at people with experience in the field of computing, computer scientists, mathematicians, physicists, telecommunications, business profiles and business administration, system administrators.
For those people who wish to acquire the professional skills necessary to know operating systems and computer applications, the administration of database management systems and database management.
They must be registered with the Employment Service of Catalonia before starting the training action, whether they are unemployed workers (80% of the places) accrediting the DO, or if they are employed workers (20% of the places ) ), making the demand for improvement.
Priority, unemployed workers seeking employment (DONO), and also:
- People with special difficulties in entering the labor market and/or in a situation of social vulnerability (people with a recognized disability equal to or greater than 33%, people over 45 years of age).
- People registered as unemployed jobseekers without interruption (more than 2 years).
- People who do not receive unemployment benefit or who are not entitled. People with low professional qualifications.
- Young people under 30 years of age.
- Workers in an ERTO situation (Temporary Employment Regulation File).
- Beneficiaries of the PREPARA, “Activation for Employment” programs and others that entail the obligation or commitment to participate in training courses for employment, within active employment policies.
1. Operating systems and computer applications module
- Computers for databases: Differentiate basic components of a computer, Introduction to Operating Systems (Windows, Linux).
- Storage systems: File systems, Logical and physical volumes, Physical and logical backup.
- Microcomputer applications and the Internet for consultation and generation of documentation: Word Processors, spreadsheets and Presentation Editing, File transfer, Free software projects.
2. Administration of database management systems
- Storage of information and introduction to DBMS: Analysis and exemplification of the different models of storage of information in files, Storage in DBMS.
- DBMS and installation (MySQL, Oracle): Database management systems, Data Dictionary, Analysis of the functional structure of the DBMS, Installation of a DBMS.
- Administration and monitoring of the installed SGBD: SGBD administration, Construction of scripts for the SGBD and BBDD administration, Monitoring and adjustment of the SGBD performance.
- Introduction to non-relational databases: MongoBD.
- Data query, access and data monitoring. Programming of GUI applications (Python, Node-red).
3. Database management
- Relational databases and data modelling: Relational databases, Relational Model Analysis, Description and application of the Entity-Relationship Model for data modeling.
- SQL data definition and modification languages: Analysis of information storage objects and structures for different DBMS, definition, manipulation and control languages.
- Data backup and security: Data backup and recovery, distributed databases, Data security, Data transfer.
4. Final project