For the manufacture of silicone molds, it is necessary to start from a master piece, which is usually obtained through 3D printing processes such as stereolithography. Once we have the mold, and with the help of a vacuum chamber, the injection of the material is carried out.
They have a life of 25-50 units and allow the manufacture of polyurethane resin parts with characteristics similar to those of a technical plastic (ABS, PP, PA66, etc.). With a delivery time for the first units from 4-5 days, about 15-20 final pieces can be manufactured per week.
- Reduced production costs for series of more than 5 parts: From this point on, it is more economical than manufacturing the assembly using rapid prototyping systems.
- Obtaining parts with definitive characteristics that can be used as final parts
- High manufacturing precision and surface finish.
- Allows to obtain transparent, elastomeric or biocompatible parts.
- Allows for perfect couplings and metal inserts.
- Short series, Ideal for runs of 25 to 200 pieces, depending on dimensions and geometry.
- Parts that have to behave with characteristics very similar to the definitive ones, both at dimensional and mechanical level.
- Validation of mechanical, thermal or aesthetic properties.
- Obtaining parts from polyurethanes with special mechanical characteristics.
The 5.1 PLC machine is the smallest of Renishaw’s PLC controlled vacuum casting systems, yet it has all the process control and user interface advantages of the larger machines. The 5/01 PLC machine is prepared to cast the full range of Renishaw’s PU resins and, in addition, it also has Renishaw Vari Vac technology, that allows efficient casting of high-viscosity materials, such as silicone rubber, by applying differential pressure to quickly introduce the material into the mold.
It also allows the production of wax master models for lost wax casting processes and low melting point alloys thanks to the heated cup option.
- Maximum mold size: 520 x 445 x 425 mm
- Pumping capacity: 25 m³/h
- Maximum vacuum: 0.5 mbars
- Straining capacity: Up to 0.8 liters
The gamma 5/04 PLC, Renishaw is a large size vacuum casting machine aimed at the industrial sector. This series is differentiated by its ability to accommodate a range of larger molds that allow the manufacture of larger parts and / or industrial performance.
They have a brewing capacity of up to 5.5 liters (with double robot mixing) and the advantages of the casting module Renishaw Nylon Plus (high performance glass or fiber-filled polymer), differential pressure casting Vari Vac (for soft-touch materials), the PLC control to ensure uniform casting and the heated cup module option, suitable for casting master models in high quality wax and low melting point alloys.
- Maximum mold size: 550 x 800 x 600 mm
- Pumping capacity: 65 m³/h
- Maximum vacuum: 0.5 mbars
- Pouring capacity: Fins to 5.5 liters