CIM UPC carries out R&D projects ranging from TRL levels 3-4 to the final validation of advanced manufacturing technologies, such as 3D printing or additive manufacturing.
The mission of CIM UPC’s Knowledge Transfer and Valuation (OTC) area is to establish collaborative relationships with companies and other entities, both public and private, to create technology transfer opportunities, through the following activities:
- Catalog and detect new technologies developed at CIM UPC.
- Protect and promote research results by identifying innovation trends and needs.
- Value our own technologies through minimum viable products, market studies and value proposals.
- Provide solutions to companies and institutions based on advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Promote collaboration between research staff and companies for R+D+i projects.
- Accompany companies in the preparation of proposals and provide advice during the development of collaborative projects.
- Negotiate and manage collaboration with companies and institutions through contracts, agreements and transfer agreements.
- Promote the creation of technology-based companies and spin-offs of CIM UPC.
One example is our spin-off BCN3D, which was created in 2019 after a period of incubation and development of IDEX (Independent Dual Extrusion) technology for our R&D team and which today has more than 70 workers.
CIM UPC transfer and valuation team is in contact with the different actors in the value chain of advanced manufacturing technologies at a national and international level.