3D Contact Roughness Meter
Roughness testers or roughness meters are high precision instruments used to measure surface imperfections, i.e. roughness, both in 2 and 3 dimensions.
Using a precision head, and by direct contact with the materials, they measure the depth or micro-geometry of the surfaces to detect defects and ripples that may occur after manufacturing, and thus establish the quality of their finishes, their characteristics and their industrial performance.
- High levels of measurement accuracy.
- Obtaining the roughness of a 3D part.
- Obtaining detailed dimensional reports on a part.
- Use of the standardization rules to which this type of system is subjected.
- Control of the surface finish of any type of parts.
- Roughness measurement of different mechanical parts requiring micrometric precision: bearings, shafts, seals, pads, rollers…
- Measuring the industrial performance of a part.
Taylor Hobson Form Talysurf Series 2 is a machine for roughness measurement, which uses a precision profilometer and direct contact with the surface of the element to be analyzed. With a high-precision internal reference bar for straightness measurement and the spectacular resolution of the stylus, this instrument becomes a must-have for those looking for speed, accuracy and reliability in the measurement of their components.
The column has a motorized guard and position reading by transducers in order to guarantee absolute position control, allowing the desired height to be positioned with precision and ease.
- Vertical range: 28mm
- Horizontal displacement: 120 mm
- Resolution: 0.1 micrometers
- Measuring speeds: 0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 1 i 2 mm/sg
- Accuracy of straightness: 0.2 micrometers