The laser scanning measurement process allows us to analyze an object to gather data on its shape and occasionally its color, creating a point cloud from geometric samples on the surface of the object, taken by means of a laser fez and a mirror or more than one.
Using this point cloud, we can extrapolate the shape of the analyzed object regardless of its complexity. The information obtained can be used to build three-dimensional digital models that are used in a wide variety of applications.
- High precision measurement system.
- Reduced 3D modeling and texturing times of a part.
- Obtaining the measurements and proportions of the different parts of a part.
- Retail study of models and parts: Measurement of grooves, textures, depths and other parameters.
- Verification of proportional properties of a part.
- Measurement of parts with complex geometries.
- 3D computer modeling and rectifications of the original design.
- Reverse Engineering: Study of the design of a part to infer the principles used in its creation.
The Creaform Academia 3D scanner can be used for a wide variety of engineering applications, such as product development, reverse engineering and inspection.
Key-in-hand solution with all the necessary add-ons to enrich your didactic training with portable, fast and easy-to-use 3D measurement solutions.
- Piece size range: 0.3 – 3m
- Accuracy: Up to 0.250mm
- Volumetric Accuracy: 0.500mm/m
- Measurement Resolution: 0.500mm
- Mesh Resolution: 0.500mm (0.020 in.)
- Scanning Area: 380 x 380mm
- Safety distance: 400mm
- Depth of Field: 250mm